Restoring deleted repository on SQL Server backend

mvdzwaan

One of our employees deleted several repositories, which are hosted on a plastic 4 server with sql server backend.

I know the actual repository db does not get deleted when this happens, but how can I restore them ?

The administrator guide only talks about reconnecting archived *.fdb repositories.

My first thought was to restore a backup of the 'repositories' database, but I find out now these backups are not ok (only diff files, but the bak got deleted).

Hi,

The first step is to list the repositories you have added to Plastic : In a command line : "cm lrep"  .You will  see: number, name and server.

Then you have to go to the folder where you are storing the databases and check which one is not added to Plastic. For example, if "cm lrep" shows you have added number 1,2 and 3  but when you go to check your folder you have: rep_1.plastic,  rep_2.plastic,  rep_3.plastic,  rep_4.plastic.  That means you deleted rep_4.plastic and you have to add it manually.

To add a removed repository, use this command: "cm addrep rep_4 localhost:8084" replacing "rep_4" and "localhost: 8084" by your repository and server.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived