Merge review and undo

JakubH

It would be very useful, if I could review what was done by a merge. I’d simply click on any merge link in a Pending changes view or in a Branch explorer and then could browse through merged files and would see a read-only merge tool for each affected file.

Furthermore I miss a possibility to undo merges from a Pending view separately – one by one, with retaining other unrelated changes.

Hi JakubH,

Review a merge is a feature that is not yet implemented, but will be available in a near future (I don't exactly know when). The operation to undo merges individually in a workspace is a different issue, since a user can solve them manually, and edit files on the fly while doing a merge, even adding a different content during that process.

That is why I would recommend to perform each merge in a changeset, so then it would be easy to "undo" a merge just by performing a subtractive merge from that "merge changeset". Even all of the merges could be done in a kind of integration branch, and then, merge the integration branch to the mainline, so it will remain clean.

Archived