Plastic Server Stopped Working - Service Won't Start

dpike

We started having problems with one of our plastic servers last week.(Running version 6.0.16.1699 on windows 10).

When I logged into the machine it was running on, I noticed the service had stopped. When I try to restart the service, I get the following error message from windows: "The operation could not be completed. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

I've also tried running the server directly from an administrator command prompt (by running "plasticd.exe --console" from "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server"), but it exits immediately without any output to the console.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to be generating any log files when it attempts to start, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. The only log file I see in the server directory is "audit.log", but this file isn't getting modified when attempting to start the server.

The one thing that did work was when I modified the "jet.conf" file to change the directory where the data files are being stored, but obviously this doesn't let us access the existing repositories.

Fortunately, we only had one repository on this server, and the history of that repository is not particularly important to us, but we'd like to at least figure out what is going on with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Archived