Add Replication Source (without previous pull)?

Xorcist

Is there any way to easily add a replication source to a repository without actually pulling a remote branch first? I have several developers that have pulled their repos from the master server, and I want to be able to see their remote data, but they are not in my replication sources list. I have to actually pull a branch first to get them in there... but I don't want their branch, I just want to see the branch to decide if I even want to be pulling it.

And you want the replication source for ? I guess to add it to the Branch Explorer??

Otherwise, you can always go to the repos view, list their server, see their branch explorer (if firewalls and network permit).

By the way, we have something in (eternal) beta called Tube, which is probably interesting for you in case devs are distributed: https://www.plasticscm.com/features/tube.html

Actually our company already uses Tube. But yes, I want to be able to add any remote server/repo as a replication source in the branch explorer so I can track multiple developers working on a project via "view remote data", but without the need of actually having to have pulled from them first. 

In fact in my current situation, I have some developers who are on Tube, but they got the original code from our master server (so they did not pull directly from me), and I want to see  all their branches as they relate to my current repo, but remotely (I don't want to pull them down into my repo). 

Is this something I should add a feature request for?

Archived