Drawing a merge line without merging

Anish

Hello,

Is there a way to draw only the merge line without actually merging?

In a case like, when the merge was actually done manually (working on the same branch and checking in) is there a way to draw only the merge line from another changeset in another branch?

Thanks,

Anish

Hi,

You could hack it manually creating a ".plastic/plastic.merges" file in your workspace but this is not recommened. If you create a merge link when the branch was not actually merged it would break the merge tracking. The recommened workflow is actually merging the branch. Then you can select to keep your destination changes during the merge and preserve only the necessary changes. This way, if you later run a merge from the same branch, Plastic will be aware of the previous merged items. 

Regards,

Carlos.

Thanks Carlos.

I was wondering is there any easy method like you would do in clearcase - where you can just draw the merge arrow between existing bubbles without doing any actual merge!

So, by the method you are suggesting,

I should now again start a merge from the desired CS but keep the workspace changes unchanged right

I should now again start a merge from the desired CS but keep the workspace changes unchanged right

Yes, please run the merge and resolve the conflict so the merge result is what you expect. This way, if you run a new merge from the same branch in the future the merge tracking will properly work and it will only try to merge the new changesets.

Regards,

Carlos.