Team members cannot download the Plastic SCM from the Asset store

larryJohnson

We've transitioned our whole team to plastic and starting today new members are getting this error when downloadling the beta unity plastic package from here:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/plastic-scm-plugin-for-unity-beta-169442?_ga=2.245021965.947512016.1630698737-475369753.1623771745

The error says:

Unfortunately, Plastic SCM Plugin for Unity (beta) is no longer available.
This package has been deprecated from the Asset Store. This means that new purchases of the package are not allowed and that only users who already purchased or downloaded the package before it was deprecated, are allowed to download it.
In most cases, package deprecation happens because the publisher is unable or unwilling to support the package anymore. We suggest looking for alternative packages or contacting the publisher directly.

When I search the asset store I do not see another version to download. I also don't see a way with our Unity Version 2021.1.11 to download a plastic package from another source.

I've installed the version control package and can select "Plastic SCM" in project settings and connect to our repo but there is no option to open a Plastic Panel within windows.

Why was this deprecated?

The plastic windows client works fine but I've been instructing new members to use the unity plugin for plastic.

What should we do moving forward?

Hi Larry,

Did you uninstall the Plastic SCM Asset Store plugin from your Unity project? It is needed in order to use Plastic SCM for Unity via the Version Control package (com.unity.collab-proxy).

You should be able to see the PlasticSCM panel in Unity then. 

Regards,
Rafael.