Unable to Update Workspace during Incoming Changes

SteveEverCurious

Hey,

So, when trying to sync this morning the incoming changes tab has flagged a move incorrectly and I cannot remove it. Further, when I Update Workspace, it gives an error - this means I am completely blocked from syncing or submitting.

image.png.2d707cbd2b7b16a8ce0bf3c400e20cfa.png

Hitting Update workspace results in this dialog box

image.png.36fd60147ef73acd7c96859bdd0f8361.png

Log says:

2021-11-01 10:25:45,444 WINDOWS-PC\SteveEG ERROR plastic - Plastic SCM client version: 10.0.16.6179
2021-11-01 10:25:45,444 WINDOWS-PC\SteveEG ERROR plastic - 
Error message: The following merge operations cannot be applied: 
M "f:\EverCurious\Transcend\ExternalContent\Content\Developers\SteveEG\Collections" "f:\EverCurious\Transcend\Game\Content\Developers\Mitch\Collections" - Error: "Item cannot be moved because it cannot be found."
M "f:\EverCurious\Transcend\ExternalContent\Content\Developers" "f:\EverCurious\Transcend\ExternalContent\Content\Developers.tmp-1b20cb99" - Error: "Item cannot be moved because it cannot be found."

I have none of these files locally.

Please help!

Cheers,

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @SteveEverCurious,

Thanks for reaching out.

RE: Item cannot be moved because it cannot be found.

As the error suggests, it seems that Plastic is not able to find the folder to merge anymore. I suspect this may be because it was deleted and/or recreated and therefore given a new GUID identifier. If you are able to reproduce this issue, please can you let me know the exact steps so that I can investigate here in our labs?

RE: User with files checked out that they can no longer check in.

Do you receive any error messages in the client? Is there anything in the log related to this?

Hey Steve,

I see these error messages in the log you sent me...

Error message: These items are exclusively checked out by ...

Does the user have multiple workspaces? Perhaps, these files are checked out in another workspace for the same user?

If you are still having issues with this, please open a ticket with support so we can troubleshoot further.

24 minutes ago, ollieblanks said:

Hey Steve,

I see these error messages in the log you sent me...

Error message: These items are exclusively checked out by ...

Does the user have multiple workspaces? Perhaps, these files are checked out in another workspace for the same user?

If you are still having issues with this, please open a ticket with support so we can troubleshoot further.

Ok, we were able to resolve the issue by reverting the files as admin. As far as I know they were the same workspace, the only possibility might have been that they were checked out by the plastic scm gui or the UE5 plugin, and then we got the error from Gluon as the user moved to Gluon.