[Suggestion] Cloaked list clarification

Gardenfiend Games

From the documentation:

By default, this command modifies the workspace-specific configuration cloaked.conf file located in the active workspace's root directory. This file affects the active workspace only.

If you check Apply rules to all workspaces in the confirmation dialog that appears, this command modifies the cloaked.conf file in the plastic subdirectory within your operating system home directory instead. This one affects all your workspaces.

A couple months ago, I set up a file to be cloaked, and thought that "Apply rules to all workspaces" meant that it would be applied to all of my team members' workspaces for that particular project, not all of MY local workspaces. Went through a lot of headache with a bug that resulted from this that was confusing to track down.

I think it would be nice to change that dialog to say "local workspaces" or something like that. Thanks!

Hi @Gardenfiend Games,

Sorry to hear this has caused you headache. I agree the wording could definitely be improved.

Just FYI, if you would like to share cloaked.conf rules with your colleagues, you can do so by adding a cloaked.conf file to your plastic-global-conf repository.

Regarding your suggestion to rephrase the button text, my suggestion would be to rename this operation to "Apply rules to all MY workspaces". I'm interested to hear what you think. Do you think this would be descriptive enough or could this still be interpreted incorrectly?

Thanks for raising this feedback!!

5 hours ago, ollieblanks said:

Hi @Gardenfiend Games,

Sorry to hear this has caused you headache. I agree the wording could definitely be improved.

Just FYI, if you would like to share cloaked.conf rules with your colleagues, you can do so by adding a cloaked.conf file to your plastic-global-conf repository.

Regarding your suggestion to rephrase the button text, my suggestion would be to rename this operation to "Apply rules to all MY workspaces". I'm interested to hear what you think. Do you think this would be descriptive enough or could this still be interpreted incorrectly?

Thanks for raising this feedback!!

Hey Ollie, thanks for the reply, and the additional info! Yeah, I think that wording would be great 👍

• 2 weeks later...