Whats going on with the servers? Where can we get status updates/information?

Gardenfiend Games

Lots of people citing issues yesterday, and then it seems like the servers came back up.

Now I'm experiencing more connection issues today.

I asked about how to check server status a while back when the servers were down, and was given this response: 

This website does not reflect the connection issues: https://status.cloud.unity3d.com/ It says everything is online and operational.

Please provide us with some way to know what the status is, and how long we can expect the outages to take. Anything, even a twitter post confirming the issue and if/when it will be resolved. Being left in the dark isn't good.

Hi both,

Please accept my apologies for the disruption of service and the lack of communication. Unfortunately, our automated monitoring did not pick up this degraded service and so it was not communicated on the Cloud Services Status page. This is something that we plan to remedy and further measures will be put in place to make sure communication is improved.

Here is my summary for the latest outage.

Cause: Server load issues caused degraded performance for organizations that are hosted in the US region.

Date: 29/03/2022

Downtime: 3h 10min 

Actions taken:

• Added ThreadPool pressure to our automatic monitors so the situation can be detected and mitigated automatically.
  • Reduced the usage/pressure on the ThreadPool.
  • Tuned the ThreadPool configuration to have a higher threshold.

Actions still in progress:

• Extra reduction on the ThreadPool usage/pressure
  • Improvements on the REST API to reduce its impact and improve general performance.
  • Like 1