Can't add files to Plastic SCM

rkolosky

I have installed Plastic CE and started a project with it, primarily using the Eclipse plugin.

Up until yesterday, I was able to files to Plastic easily. However, yesterday, I had created some new files, so I went to add them to the branch I was currently working on. In Eclipse, I right clicked on the directory, Team ->Add to Plastic SCM recursively, and it tells me "The item views already exists!"

In the Plastic SCM application, the directory "views" does exist, but it's marked Private. In the application, if I right click and Add directory to source control, it tells me the same thing that Eclipse did, "The item views already exists"

I'm running Windows XP, SP3 and just upgraded Eclipse to 3.5.1 from 3.4.2. I downloaded the new client yesterday as well, and had that install the new Eclipse plugins: Plastic SCM Commands Core version 2.0.0 and Plastic SCM plugin version 3.0.18712.

That appears to have made things worse. Now the only directories under Plastic control are css, images, js, and tags. The controllers, layout, model and services directories have joins views in being under Private. And, now that they're under Private, all the files under those directories have been removed.

rkolosky,

no panic! if you checked in files from within eclipse or plastic gui, they are on the plastic repository and you can get to them any time and from anywhere.

Ok, basic plastic principles:

You work on branch /main/prj1fix

Adding file , 1.txt, 2 txt. 3.txt.

You change to the /main/prj2fix2

Files will not load there because they are NOT in main, they are added in branch /main/prj1fix

If you add your files in /main/prj1fix

and change to a childbranch /main/prj1fix/fixv1.0

The files will be loaded in branch ../fixv1.0 inheriting from the parent branch.

all info regarding this is on the manuals:

http://www.plasticscm.com/releases/3.0.1/manuals-html/en/userguide.htm

From the plastic Gui, check please if your workspace is also pointing to the same branch you worked with within Eclipse.

Miller

In Eclipse and the GUI, the branch I'm working on, and attempted to add files to, is called implementMobileStyle.

So, in Eclipse, it shows that I'm currently in the branch /main/implementMobileStyle. In the GUI under Items, it shows that only the css, images, js, and tags folders are controlled. The other folders are listed as private.

I can look through changesets and see the files as committed to the branch /main/implementMobileStyle, and I can hilight the implementMobileStyle branch, view -> view branch content, I can also see the other files. I just can't seem to get them back to the workspace.

If I hilight the branch and choose "Switch workspace to this branch" it warns me that there are pending changes. I review the pending changes and it shows me the top most folder marked as checked out, but nothing else. If I say continue with the switch, it does something, but none of the folders come back to being controlled by Plastic.

I currently don't have a directory that can load the new files. I've attached the current view of Item, so you can see that some directories are controlled and others are private.

Is it possible my database is corrupt, and I need to manually merge these changes back to the main branch?

Thanks for all the help, but I'm about to leave for the holiday. I'll be back on Tuesday of next week.

post-129-131480816001_thumb.png

I don't think this is about db corruption, in fact we've only seen corruption due to hardware failures and really weird stuff.

Ping us back next Tuesday and we'll send you a gotomeeting to check what's wrong, it can't take longer than 5 mins to figure out what's going on.

Have a nice holidays!!

pablo

If you guys are ready, I'm ready

Can you get my contact email from the forum software?

When I started up Plastic SCM GUI this morning, the first thing it tells me is "Can't load the root item. The workspace selector probably contains errors." The workspace should be pointing to (or at least Eclipse says it's pointing to) /main/implementMobileStyle

Turns out that, if I were to RTFM, I would see that I had failed to apply a label to the base of the branch I was working on.

Once a label was applied to the base, the branch was able to add files as it should.

Thanks again for the GoToMeeting and pointing out the dumb mistakes of a new user, without making me feel like an idiot.

Archived