Any way to know what changes I made in a changeset?

Oscar

Hi,

Usually we may make these types of changes to files/directories:

1. Add: Add a new file

2. Delete: delete a file

3. Edit: Update an existing file

4. Merge

5. Rebase

But from the "Changeset Content" list, I can only see what items are affected. I cannot tell what type of change I made. For example, for a file in the changeset content list, I want to know if I added it, deleted it or updated it.

In addition, how can I know what files are affected in a rebasing operation? The changeset content of a rebasing is empty.

Thanks,

-Oscar

Plastic versions directories, and the way to tell if files have been added or deleted is looking at the changes in the directories.

This is something we are changing for 4.0: we'll be providing extended information on the changeset (what was added, moved or deleted).

To rebase a branch you need to do this:

- Change the base of the branch (this creates the empty rebase changeset so that the new base is recorded in the repository)

- Update the workspace to get the new changes for the branch.

- Merge from the parent branch, so that conflicting changes are properly reconciled. This will generate checked out files, as any merge operation, that you can review and the check in. I guess these are the files you were asking for.

Hi, Dave,

Thanks for your reply. Pls see my comments below.

Plastic versions directories, and the way to tell if files have been added or deleted is looking at the changes in the directories.

[in a changeset containing adding, deleting, updating, it's impossible for me know what was added/deleted/updated this way.]

This is something we are changing for 4.0: we'll be providing extended information on the changeset (what was added, moved or deleted).

[Great, I think the 'extended information' will be very helpful]

To rebase a branch you need to do this:

- Change the base of the branch (this creates the empty rebase changeset so that the new base is recorded in the repository)

- Update the workspace to get the new changes for the branch.

- Merge from the parent branch, so that conflicting changes are properly reconciled. This will generate checked out files, as any merge operation, that you can review and the check in. I guess these are the files you were asking for.

[Ok, perhaps I can tell what are affected when I'm rebasing. How can I know what files/folders were affected/added/deleted when I look at a history rebase?]

Thanks,

-Oscar

• 1 month later...

Hi Oscar!

Regarding the "merged" status, what would you expect? Something like "merged" and then specifying from which cset? I ask this because right now we're talking about it since SVN and Git (and Hg) don't seem to do it this way, but of course there's room for improvement.

Example:

---cs103---cs106-----------cs108
   |                       ^
    --- cs105---cs107------| (merged)

If you diff cs108 with cs106 and src/foo.c was modified (hence merged) in the branch, then, should it show up as "merged", as "modified" or as both???

Same holds true for "added" vs "copied" (if src/bar.c was added in the branch, diffing cs108 against cs106 will show it up as "added" but in reality it was added in, let say, cs107, so it is "copy-merged" on cs108).

And, again, same would be true for deleted or even moved...

Archived