Underlying system corruption

GrandNagel

Our box that PlasticSCM server was installed on has died. With it it has apparently corrupted our main PlasticSCM repository file. I've run CM CHKDSK (or whatever that particular statement was) with no reported issues. We have no identifiable drive backups for the PlasticSCM files. How can we repair or even open this repository?

So, our own tech came up with an asnswer... He DL'd a set of FireBird database utils or maybe it was the installer and coupled with it is a repair utility. After he ran this utility we were able to open the repository.

I do not know the specifics of what he ran or how it all worked out but we're back online. I anyone needs to know how he did this please post back and I'll ask him to post about it.

D.

Hi!

Is it possible that you run out of disk space. Firebird doesn't seem to deal with this situation particularly well...

It would be great if you could share more info about the recovery procedure, so it would be of great help in case other community members experience the same (fortunately unusual) situation.

Hi!

Is it possible that you run out of disk space. Firebird doesn't seem to deal with this situation particularly well...

It would be great if you could share more info about the recovery procedure' date=' so it would be of great help in case other community members experience the same (fortunately unusual) situation.[/quote']

The question had been answered elsewhere in the forums, but the title for the question is obscure and it took me some time to find. Really, Codice should monitor these threads and build up a collection of "HOW-TO" recipes/guides.

Database corruption fix

I should add that I had to install the full Firebird database system to get all the maintenance tools. Don't expect Firebird software to be that friendly - it doesn't come with any nice GUI DBA tools and the command-line tools (which are powerful) are amongst the nastiest I've come across. Even MySQL's command-line tools are nicer.

Archived