Branches with invalid names

jlarsen

Why does Plastic allow you to create a branch with a name that has apparently unsupported characters in it? If you create a branch with the name of:

test 'single' quotes

The branch is successfully created, but you cannot switch to it. If a single apostrophe is not supported, you should not be allowed to create a branch with invalid characters the name.

Jlarsen' date=' no problem :)

try to keep an eye on Announcements section in the forum, we announce new versions there as will, with Release Notes.

http://www.plasticscm.net/forum193/default.aspx?g=topics&f=3

cheers,

Miller

It would be much nicer if the client would inform me of being out of date (and offer the ability to self update) rather than having to come check here. It also seem silly I have to have an account for this forum and a separate account to be able to download the client.

Jlarsen!

You are getting a great tool with no charge at all and you dont even want to bother visiting the forum from time to time and share with us some good feedback and thoughts :)

indeed it is in our long "wish list" but we are working on much bigger things at the moment, Ill not discard seeing "update notification" in the future though.

Thanks,

miller

Jlarsen!

You are getting a great tool with no charge at all and you dont even want to bother visiting the forum from time to time and share with us some good feedback and thoughts :)

indeed it is in our long "wish list" but we are working on much bigger things at the moment' date=' Ill not discard seeing "update notification" in the future though.

Thanks,

miller

[/quote']

Most of us like using Plastic here where I work. However, while I may not personally be paying for it, my company is - so it does not come at no charge at all! Even if a user is utilizing the community edition free license, it seems like their input should be just as valid and if they don't want to visit the forums that frequently just to see if some bug in the software has been fixed in the torrent of updates - they shouldn't have to. It be nice if it was easier to keep my software up-to-date. Thanks for "not discarding" my request...

Archived