CreateDb reporting OS Error 5 (access is denied) ... how to resolve?

Install Plastic SCM on Windows Server 2008 R2 with SQL Server 2008 R2. I have setup an instance of SQL as SERVER2\SQL2008. I have setup the db.conf file in the server folder as:

<DbConfig>

<ProviderName>sqlserver</ProviderName>

<ConnectionString>SERVER=SERVER2\SQL2008;trusted_connection=yes;DATABASE={0};</ConnectionString>

</DbConfig>

When I start the Plastic Server service, I get the following error in the loader.log text file:

2011-05-16 01:07:59,675 3036 (null) (null) (null) ERROR z3 - Error in CreateDb. CREATE FILE encountered operating system error 5(Access is denied.) while attempting to open or create the physical file 'C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM\server\repositories.plastic'.

CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at z3.b(String A_0)

It was seem that service does not have access to the "repositories.plastic" file. However, I noticed the file does not exist in this folder, unless it's making reference to "repositories.plastic.FDB", which does exist.

How do I get Plastic SCM to work?

Thanks,

Gary.

Archived