Use of wildcards with cm find command

deanaug

Is it possible to use wildcards for the conditions specified in a cm find command?

For example, given the following set of defined labels

CSC1_0.0.1

CSC1_0.0.2

CSC1_0.0.3

CSC2_0.0.1

CSC2_0.0.2

I'd like to query just for the labels that start with CSC1 (first 3 labels above). I thought (hoped) the following command would work:

cm find label where name='CSC1*'

But this gives me a Query error: unexpected token: ["",<1>,line=1,col=17] from the CLI and empty results from the GUI.

Thanks!!

Works great Pablo, thank you for your help as usual!! =d>

Looks like the % wildcard character works for either single or multiple character matches.

Using the example you gave me, cm find label where name like 'CSC1%, correctly produced:

CSC1_0.0.1

CSC1_0.0.2

CSC1_0.0.3

(all matches starting with CSC1 and multiple trailing characters)

I also tried something a little different, cm find label where name like 'CSC%0.0.2', which correctly produced:

CSC1_0.0.2

CSC2_0.0.2

(matches now on single character after CSC portion)

I couldn't find any info in the online 3.0 docs for this. Section 6.5.3 Advanced Reporting with Queries in the user manual has some SCM-level query examples using cm find, but none showed use of wildcard-type queries.

(Side note: same types of queries work in the GUI as well, just omit the initial cm part of the command)

Thanks again!!!

Hi deanaug,

Thanks for your kind words :)

Yes, you know, we're better producing software than documenting it... The "cm find" command is an extension of natural SQL, so the % will work on most backends (same with the 'like' keyword).

I'll file a request to get the wildcards documented! :)

Thanks,

pablo

• 8 months later...

In Plastic 3.0 branch explorer, I tried to add the following conditional format branch filter:

name like 'scm%'

We are using Plastic-JIRA integration, with branch prefix scm (default) to designate JIRA issue branches. So we have branch names of the form /main/scmxx (xx is of course the corresponding JIRA issue number). I wanted to highlight those in some pretty color so they are easy to spot. When I try to apply the abover filter I do not get the colorcoding for those branches. Note that I tried the cm find query on the command line and it listed all the matching branches as expected:

cm find branch where name like 'scm%'

Thanks!!!

Dean

Archived