VS2010 Web Reference files check in twice

integritec

Hi guys,

Great product - I love Plastic. Then again, before you I was stuck with VSS!

The VS2010 integration is pretty seamless, but if working on a web project (ASP.NET) and updating a web reference (as in, right-click --> update web reference), any subsequent check-in lists all the web reference files twice (*.disco, *.wsdl, reference.map) and unless these are manually weeded out in the check-in list, an error is thrown that the file is not checked out (presumably because it already checked in once) and the entire check-in fails.

For clarity, steps to reproduce:

1. Create empty ASP.NET project and check into Plastic

2. Add a web reference to any old web service. Check in.

3. Update web reference with right-click --> update web reference

4. Check in - note duplicate entries for *.disco, *.wsdl, reference.map

Not a show-stopper, but I thought you'd like to know.

Al

Integritec (UK) Limited

Can I assume you're using the latest (right now) 3.0 version? It is 3.0.27... Please let me know because this issue sounds familiar in an old version...

I couldn't find an easy way from within the client program to detect the version (am I missing something obvious?) but when I look at the "Details" tab of the file properties window for plastic.exe (client), it is given as 3.0.187.22. So if that's right, not quite the latest version but pretty close...

Can you advise as to whether the fix was applied between these revisions? I am happy to update the client, but don't necessarily want to do it for every minor release!

Al

Integric,

Hi, to obtain client version simply open a console and execute: cm version

Release notes: https://www.plasticscm.com/download/releasenotes.aspx

I understand that you dont want to upgrade every week to the latest release of the client version, however we put effort to make the client cross-compatible with 3.0.x version of the server, and upgrading the client is a 2 minutes job.

We are working on your case,

Thanks,

Miller

I understand that you dont want to upgrade every week to the latest release of the client version' date=' however we put effort to make the client cross-compatible with 3.0.x version of the server, and upgrading the client is a 2 minutes job.

[/quote']

Just a quick update: I tried to get the latest version in order to see if the bug is resolved in 3.0.28. The downloads page offers me version 3.0.28, but when I click the "for existing installations" link (Windows/Client+Plugins) I am served up version 3.0.187.22. I didn't realise this first time around, and ended up installing the same version over the top of the current version.

Anyway, I just thought you'd like to know. Screenshot attached if it helps (note three red-outlined areas).

Kind regards,

Al

post-246-131480816341_thumb.png

yes, thats the naming convention we are using as explained in the release notes at: https://www.plasticscm.com/download/releasenotes.aspx

pasted a part of the RN below. cheers,

Miller

Internal and external releases

==============================

The Plastic SCM development team works in short iterations delivering frequent

releases. Our goal is to have at least one new release every week, with new

functionalities, bug fixes and performance tweaks.

Every 'weekly' release is not published to our customers, but we like to detail

each of them in the release notes so users can easily follow what we achieved

on every short iteration.

The releases marked with the word "external" are the ones we do publish on the

website. The ones marked as "internal" are the releases we create in-house to

keep the project moving week after week.

Plastic 3.0 is known internally as BL187 (the full name is 3.0.187.0), and the

upcoming fix releases will be BL187.1, BL187.2 and so on.

As a side note, Plastic 2.9 was BL174, that's why users can find BL174.x as the

latest 2.9 builds at our website.

Archived