API or post commit hooks

hampsterx

Hampster,

Plastic SCM support a bunch of triggers taht fires on actions, like before-checkin / after-checkin.

You can setup the triggers with any kind of scripting to send a mail "or what ever you want to do" uppon an action.

review the triggers manual for examples and detailed help at: http://www.plasticscm.com/releases/3.0.1/manuals-html/en/triggerguide.htm

Miller

We are setting up seperate working copies on a development server (prefered over local sever instances). Is there any way from a working folder to see what changes are pending and what was the last commit number/date etc that they are working from. In the .plastic folder is a file plastic.changes but its in binary format. Would be nice if this data was exposed as machine readable meta data. Is that possible or am I barking up the wrong tree? We have 4 developers (myself included) and I want to minimize the workspace confusion that may incur when they are developing on our main Extranet website/application by showing some of this information on the website header (rereading the meta file on every website request) so it'll be really clear as to what they are working on and what changes are pending, without having to switch back to the client etc. Little things like that all help :)

Archived