I just tried to synchronize a simple change on /main and got this:

The sync process was unable to replicate the following branch:

Branch: /main

Operation: Push

Source repository: PSDK_CFC@SH_LAPTOP:8084

Destination repository: PSDK_CFC@192.168.1.62:8084

Error description:

The source branch can't have multiple heads

How did that problem occur and how do I fix it?

As cidico said you need to unify the branch heads, imagine cidico's branch explorer without the merge link, he would obtain the same error trying to replicate. Once the heads are unified (using the merge) the branch can be replicated.

I am afraid my case is more complicated. Take a look at these screen shots:

post-251-0-00558700-1337322100_thumb.png

This shot shows root changeset 0. Note two things. For once it is traversed by a changeset link from a later changeset. This is because changeset 0 is graphically out of place, because it was created much later than most changesets. The reason for that is that when you install a fresh Plastic server on, say a laptop, you are forced to create a workspace in order to start the gui. A strange design-flaw, since there is a lot of functionality in the gui that does not require a selected workspace, but that is another discussion.

Anyway, I probably created the first repository I wanted to replicate and a workspace to start Plastic. This caused Plastic to create the "0" changeset root.

Secondly two early changesets on two different heads have the root changeset as parent shown on the next screen shots:

post-251-0-08789300-1337322116_thumb.png

post-251-0-14816800-1337322107_thumb.png

As seen above the parent link is in reverse and traverses all changesets between the new root and about 11 months of changesets.

Anyway, my situation is that I don't know which changeset I should merge from in order to merge the two heads.

If I try merging from changeset 0, Plastic crashes with "an error occurred processing your request" (a bug I suppose), but it wouldn't make much sense to merge with that changeset anyway.

If I try merging from some of the changesets in the lower head, I don't get any changes to checkin.

What do you suggest?

Archived