The maximum number of licensed users has been exceeded

ima

Hello from NTS, a small shop developing software for flight simulation. We are using Plastic SCM 4.1.10.306 Community Edition with a user/password based security. I have copied the recently downloaded community license file to the server installation directory (c:\Program Files\PlasticSCM\server\plasticd.lic). We have less than 15 users, just 6 active, but I am unable to add a new one. I have created a new login with the User Management Tool, but the user remains [iNACTIVE] and cannot be activated with the 'cm au' command.

Activateuser command returns:

cm au user

The maximum number of licensed users has been exceeded

licenseinfo:

cm li

Plastic SCM license information:
* User-license information:
igor-akopov ACTIVE
mikhail-belousov ACTIVE
alexander-barkalov ACTIVE
tatiana-chernyshenko ACTIVE
vladimir-demidov ACTIVE
yuriy-glotov ACTIVE
igor-panchenko INACTIVE (Not licensed)
vasily-toroptsev INACTIVE (Not licensed)
alexey-razuvaev INACTIVE (Not licensed)
test INACTIVE (Not licensed)

listusers:

cm lu

igor-akopov User
sergey-lobanov User
alexander-barkalov User
mikhail-belousov User
tatiana-chernyshenko User
vladimir-demidov User
yuriy-glotov User
nikolay-brezin User
test User

I am not sure whether we have used up the community edition quota and need to buy a license (which I will gladly do, by the way), or there is a problem with configuration.

Is there any way to check the license state other than the cm li command?

Hi manu, thanks for help.

Yes, I did restart the server.

Now I believe the problem is related to the plasticd.lic file I've downloaded from the 'Community Edition license' area on plasticscm.com.

With this file in the server directory, Admintool.exe displays an error message:

"Failed to read license data from disk. Verify that the 'plasticd.lic' file is present in the server installation directory."

However, Process Monitor shows that Admintool.exe has succesfully opened plasticd.lic file and read 552 bytes. Also, if I replace the new file with the expired .lic file from an old Plastic SCM 3 installation or the trial plasticd.lic that comes with a fresh server installation, admintool starts successfully and displays correct (although expired) license information.

I've already tried downloading the community edition .lic file again (as well as restarting and reinstalling the server).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived