Full (hot) Redundancy Server

We have recently started evaluating PlasticSCM solution and reached the high availability subject.

The PlasticSCM Server and DB (PostgreSQL) are installed on a Linux (Ubuntu) server.

We will like to have a mirror Server as standby, which can replace the active one on-the-fly in case of a failure.

Are there any recommendations on how to deploy such a solution?

It is preferable for the whole switch-over to occur automatically, such that clients will connect to the standby server transparently and continue working as if nothing happened.

Thanks,

Ed.

Thank you for the info.

Seems similar to this post: http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2009/03/setting-up-fallback-server-using.html

I actually prefer an instant duplication of each change and not a scheduled one.

Is there any way to issue a sync based on any change in the repository?

My problem is with the need to switch to a new server. It is an admin nightmare to control users (in its simplest form, how will the admin make sure no one continues working on the standby server?).

Thanks for the help.

Hello EdDev,

I forgot to say that as Plastic SCM uses an external database engine you can take advantage of it by setting the hot redundancy support from your MySQL, Oracle, SqlServer...

But the option of having a replication server is also good and in the 95% of the cases it's also enough. If you don't want to have users connecting to your server you can edit the Plastic SCM server "remoting.conf" file by adding the "rejectRemoteRequests=true" parameter on the channel tag.

I actually prefer an instant duplication of each change and not a scheduled one.

Is there any way to issue a sync based on any change in the repository?

You can use an after checkin trigger + the repliKate utility.

Archived