Cannot check-in changed file

wvd_vegt

Hi

After working with plasticscm for quite some time now (and still a very happy user) I finally managed to screw up a project. I had check-in a vs project but really wantto checkin the parent directory.

So i deleted the repo and workspace and check-in the parent directory.

I could check-in all files but one and got (altough the file was changed) a strange message about not being able to check-in because there were no changes for this file. The rest of the project check-in fine.

I had to resolve it by making a copy of the file, delete and commit this, copy the file back under another name (same name gave an error about the file already being present in the repo).

regards

Hi

Good to hear, although i didn't need it yet (and getting more and more pleased with PlasticSCM), being confident your 20+ years of sources are tucked away safely is for a large part between ones ears.

PlasticSCM already saved a couple of problems for me once i got the hang of it after dropping good old sourcesafe:

1) I can have seperate repo's a projects and for it (visual) components/assemblies and still load them all in a solution. Sourcesafe was able to do that too but is one big 'database' of files.

2) I was never able to sync sourcesafe between work and home other that zipping it up and copying it to the other machine. The sync feature is really nice (just got the hang of it).

3) Less files so easier backups.

Some things to solve are how to integrate PlasticSCM with Delphi7. I was using VssConnexion but that is tied to sourcesafe. Their SourcConnexxion product suports SCC so maybe combo that will work.

regards

Hi,

It's good to know that Plastic is being useful for you, and we appreciate every time somebody tell to us that is happy with plastic. :)

Regarding Delphi 7 integration, take a look to this blog posts:

http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2008/06/branching-and-merging-with-delphi-part.html

http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2008/06/branching-and-merging-with-delphi-part_02.html

They are related to the former version of Plastic, it should be similar now, but if is not working now just let me know. Don't forget to select the "SCC Plugin" during the plastic installation.

Archived