Errors when working with Excel files in Visual Studio

ian_nufc

I am new to Plastic SCM, and so far everything has been great, until now! Unfortunately I have been experiencing problems when checking in/out Excel files in a Visual Studio Solution.

I have a Visual Studio 2010 solution, that contains Excel 2007 projects (both a workbook and a template), unfortunately whenever I check in a '.xltx' or '.xlsx' file from the Visual Studio solution, Plastic SCM appears to currupt the file. Whenever the '.xltx' or '.xlsx' is attempted to be modified again following the check in, Visual Studio displays an error message as follows "Excel cannot open the file because the file format of file extension is not valid".

Has anybody had any similar issues?

I have managed to check in/out other Visual Studio projects fine, it on only the Excel files that are causing me concern.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

For various project reasons it has been decided to upgrade from Visual Studio 2010 to Visual Studio 2012, which does not support Office 2007 (typical Microsoft :rolleyes: ). So I have therefore also been forced to upgrade from Office 2007 to Office 2010.

I now no longer experience any issues with checking in/out Excel 2010 files created in Visual Studio 2012 :).

Therefore for me personally, there is no issue with PlasticSCM now, and I put all the blame onto Microsoft and Excel 2007.

:(

Unfortunately I spoke too soon!!!!

The same problem has now re-appeared using Visual Studio 2012 and Office 2010.

I create a simple Excel Workbook project from within Visual Studio 2012, with a couple of buttons and simple c# messagebox, this works fineprior to adding to SCM. Unfortunately when I add it to a new SCM Repository/Workspace and then check-out I get the Excel error message "Excel cannot open the file because the file format of file extension is not valid".

Archived