Checkin fail on Mac client

Giles

Hi,

I've been running a server(6 months +, default setup) on a Mac Mini and been connecting to it via a client on the same mac and clients on various PC's and everything has worked as expected. I recently updated both server and clients to 4.1.10.364 and since doing so have been unable to check files in via the Mac client.

Steps

1) Check a file out, either manually or by editing a file in a project

2) Goto the Pending changes pane and see that the changed/checked out file is listed.

3) Click the checkin button - the usual dialog will briefly appear then disappear and the screen fill flash once. The checked out file/s will still be in the pending changes list, even after refresh, and no new changeset is created.

Some of my other projects also have files listed in the pending changes lists that haven't been touched for a number of months and these also fail to checkin.

This issue is only occurring on my Mac client(latest lion OS), my PC clients appear to be working fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attach a client log from my Mac where I try to check i just one file into a project(project:richstestunity, file:new material.mat).

Many Thanks,

Giles

plastic20121111-11.log.txt

Sorry for the late reply, but heres the output:

hotsourcescm:unity Giles$ cd richsunitytest

hotsourcescm:richsunitytest Giles$ cm ci --stack

The selected items are about to be checked in. Please wait ...

Error: There are no changes in the workspace /Users/Giles/unity/richsunitytest

at ia.b (Codice.Client.Commands.CheckIn.CheckinParams A_0) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

hotsourcescm:richsunitytest Giles$

Hi,

Ticking the options you outlined has resolved the issues and I have been able to check files in etc. Does this mean I'm going to have to always have the compare file contents options set? Isn't this going to result in slower performance?

Anyway, must say big thanks though for getting me back on track, really should have tried that option out myself before hassling you guys.

Giles

Ok, we are having an issue with the time-stamps in Mac OS Plastic is constantly recognizing them as changed by time-stamps, but the content is actually the same...

In order to resolve this issue you have to enable the blue rectangle option and create a new workspace. With this option I expect that all the false positive changed files disappear. With the new workspace you can remove the green rectangle option, so there will not be a performance impact while searching for pending changed files.

Archived