The parent revision of the item is inconsistent...

marketware

I have read here in this forum other users who encountered this problem, i.e., an error when trying to checkin that states:

"The parent version of the item X is inconsistent with the loaded one in the changeset Y."

And I got the idea that I just needed to roll back some changes, checkin, and redo the changes I did. I did Undo the changes, then checked in, (with no errors) only to redo the changes again, and to get the same error again. My guess is that the inconsistency was not in the immediate changes I made today.

So what do I do, I need to move forward, but I'm stuck, and I don't know how many more of these "inconsistencies" I might have to deal with.

Thank you for any advice.

bob

Hi Bob,

please check if you have "changed" items in your workspace. Notice the difference between "changed" and "checkedout", the changed items are modified outside the Plastic SCM control.

You can enable the pending changes view to search for this king of files (I think that by default is enabled). If you find any please undo them.

Best regards, manu.

In the Items view, I have two folders that show (Controlled / Contains changes). But reviewing their contents only shows the following two Status' for the files:

Controlled

Private / Ignored

As I mentioned in my earlier post, the files that are checked-out that have changes were previously UNDONE, and then I synced with no errors, then I manually added the changes back and I get the same error.

How do I get out of this mess...I can't seem to go forward and the team needs to build with my changes.

bob

Archived