LDAP Configuration on a Linux base server

EdDev

Happy new year all,

I would like to configure LDAP/AD on our evaluation Server (currently we are using user/pass).

I managed to configure and link to our AD eventually (although, I could not find anything in the manual about it).

As it stands now, all users in the organization can login to the service, and I'm not clear how to limit this.

Also, how is the license counted when using LDAP?

Can we choose which users are allowed to access the PlasticSCM server? (so only they will be counted for)

Thanks,

Ed.

Hi Ed!

here you have some documentation: http://plasticscm.com/releases/4.1/manuals-html/en/adminguide.htm#_Toc342898945

As it stands now, all users in the organization can login to the service, and I'm not clear how to limit this.

You can limit the access using the Plastic SCM permissions, open the repository server permissions and deny the View permissions for the users or groups that you are not interested in.

Also, how is the license counted when using LDAP?

As the same way it works with User/Password.

You can use the "cm li" command to review the licenses used. The command "cm du" to release licenses, and the "cm au" to consume licenses.

Can we choose which users are allowed to access the PlasticSCM server? (so only they will be counted for)

You can disable the user using the "cm du" command or you can use the ACL system.

Archived