New user here, pushes to cloud taking forever

Hi everyone,

Am a total noob when it comes to Plastic SCM, though have used other VCSes throughout the years.

To explain the scenario:

1. I've got quite a large repo I'm pushing changes to.
  2. Whilst I'd expect the initial push to take a long time, I would have thought subsequent pushes would only include the changed files being checked in, though it seems however that it's pushing the entire repo each time I add a changeset and push it to the cloud (am using Plastic Cloud).
  3. The initial Checkin is lightning quick, though the subsequent push takes forever.
  4. Is there there some tickbox setting I'm missing somewhere to tell it to push only the changes and get the rest from the already-existing previous changeset if the files name/date/filesize and other unique signifiers are the same?

Having to kick off a push at 10:00 am every morning then leave my computer running over night pushing until the following morning (literally, not kidding) is really not practical and I am honestly spending more time pushing changes to developers and waiting the two days it takes to get the files onto a VCS than it would take for me to just do the work myself (kind of defeats the purpose of having Plastic SCM and a group of developers in the first place if it takes 24 hours to push changes that I could make in a couple of hours).

Any assistance/advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Christian

Wow, 24 hours is not acceptable.

Can you tell me your cloud organization? Please send me the info to support at codicesoftware dot com, reference this forum thread.

Do you remember the location you chose for the storage? I'm wondering if you are using a far away one.

Best,

Manu.

Hi Manu,

I don't think I ever got a choice of where to locate the storage.

I'm based in Australia. If there's a mirror in Sydney or Melbourne that would be great.

As I believe you may be suspecting, it could simply be the geographical distance.

I ended up deleting the entire repo, recreating it under a different name and whilst it still took 24 hours to push the first changeset, from then on, providing only small changes are made it is a lot faster than it was previously (though still not ideal).

Regards,

Christian

Wow, 24 hours is not acceptable.

Can you tell me your cloud organization? Please send me the info to support at codicesoftware dot com, reference this forum thread.

Do you remember the location you chose for the storage? I'm wondering if you are using a far away one.

Best,

Manu.

Hi Christian,

while you are completing the Plastic Cloud settings you are asked to choose the datacenter location: post-112-0-93980200-1471965179_thumb.png

If you send me your organization name I can check witch one you have.

I believe we have an Australian location but it's not listed in the drop down menu, I'll ask about this.

Archived