Can't load the root item. The workspace selector probably contains errors.

epeleg

I has a power shortage and now I can not access my plasitc scm repository.

Now I can not work with plastic and I keep getting the error "Can't load the root item. The workspace selector probably contains errors."

When I right click on the workspace I am working with from the list of workspaces (available via the "Workspaces" item on the left of the UI) and choose "Set Selector"

it shows:

rep "MyRepository"
  path "/"
    smartbranch "/main/MyLatestBranch"     

When I right click the repository I am working with from the list of repositories (available via the "Repositories" item on the left of the UI) and choose "view branches" It seems like A list of all my branches but "/main/MyLatestBranch" is not in the list.

trying "View Labels" also works but "View changesets" or "View Branch Explorer" both fail with the same error message.

/main/MyLatestBranch was the active branch I was working on and possibly has pending changes (but I am willing to loose them and even this entire branch as very little work was done on it).

I tried changing the selector to 

rep "MyRepository"
  path "/"
    smartbranch "/main"     

and to

rep "MyRepository"
  path "/"
    br "/main"     

and to

rep "MyRepository"
  path "/"
    br "/main"     
    co "/main"

but it no matter what I try I keep getting the same error.

(maybe I should somehow change the selector directly and not via the UI ?? - I going to try and find where this info is stored)

Any help would be appreciated.

Eyal

Hi, try to change the selector to something like (main branch)

repository "repo_test@localhost:8084"
  path "/"
    smartbranch "/main"  

And then using "Branch Explorer" view, try to switch to the branch "MyLatestBranch". You can also create a new workspace and check if it´s working fine with your repository.

Best regards,
Carlos

Archived