Change file from controlled to ignored?

Xorcist

I want to take a few files, like my solution and user options file (which mistakenly got put into source control) and change them from controlled to ignored. I put them in my ignored list, but that didn't seem to help. Should I be cloaking them? Is cloaked different than ignored...

Hi,

ignore.conf file only is applied to private files (not checked in)

cloaked.conf file: Cloaked items are items that the update operation won't download by default from the repository to the workspace. Download can be forced using the update forced operation instead. This is convenient in some scenarios, for instance when there are big files in the repository that are updated often, but you don't really work with them, so you prefer to skip downloading those cloaked files every time you switch the workspace to a different branch or do an update of the workspace.

hiddnechanges.conf file: Items in this list are controlled items that can be changed but the user doesn't want them to appear by default on the Pending Changes view (this is customized in a setting). IT can be the case for libraries that are under source control, but overwritten every time they are compiled and the user doesn't usually want to the check them in.

The last option is delete the items from source control but not from disk: Right click --> delete --> don´t delete item on disk

Regards,

Carlos

Archived