Flush license information and Read Only user

EdDev

Hello there,

I got two question in regards to licensing:

1. Is there a way to flush the license information (output from "cm li")? I need it to re-learn everything from scratch.

2. Does a read-only user require a license? Mainly needed for the build automation process, where it just need to download a specific label/CS and prepare the build.

Thanks,

Ed.

Hi,

1. You can disable the users you have licensed and create new ones.

2. If you are using Community License, you are able to register up to 15 users to work with Plastic server. It doesn´t matter of the permissions they have configured

Regards,

Carlos

Hi,

I'm looking towards the licensing of a commercial license.

For a read-only account, like one for the build servers, do we need an additional license to purchase? (Don't say yes :-) )

Disabling users is no good, I will like to "reset" the list or just remove the disabled ones out of the list.

(if they will try to login, then they can appear again, but not before.. eventually I want to see the license limit error and not "blocked")

Thanks,

Ed.

Hi,

Using umtool (in your server folder) is the best way to manage your users. If you delete a user, it will not appear the next time you check license information. (Then you can create the same user if necessary). If you disable a user, it  exists in the system yet, that´s the reason it appears as "disabled".

We´ve sent you an email regarding your licensing questions.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived