BUG: Explorer Integration

SilverKnight

Using 4.1.10.443 - Zagreb

Attempting to check-in a single changed file results in an error "No checkout branch found."

Same error occurs if the project folder is selected and "Checkin pending changes..." menu is selected

Using the GUI tool works fine to check-in changes.

Attachment shows UI of both operations.

post-4578-0-04843000-1370291143_thumb.png

Hi, 

I´m not able to reproduce the error using same version and Windows shell extension. Can you try to restart the explorer process: (Processes --> kill "explorer.exe" and then New Task --> explorer.exe) .  If you create a new workspace pointing to the same repository and same configuration, does the issue still happen?

Best regards,

Carlos

I had not tried making a new workspace, though the project was a result of a CVS migration process, the GUI functioned flawlessly, so thought it strange the plug-in didn't.

Killing explorer seems to have resolved that problem. I hadn't seen that issue before, so it may have had to do with an upgrade scenario - even though the install terminated and restarted explorer -may have had something to do with elevation of explorer permissions because the install was elevated?  (Win7 x64 - UAC enabled)

Thanks!

As a follow up, we are seeing other issues with the plug-in on another machine. We have rebooted it, thinking it had something to do with not loading after the install, but are still experiencing the following issue:

Using 4.1.10.443 - Zagreb (this was after a fresh install + client configuration, and also reproduce after a reboot of that machine)

We have successfully used the GUI to create a workspace and check out a project, however, attempting to use the plug-in on an empty folder resulted in the following error 

post-4578-0-50675200-1370360188_thumb.png

We are using AD authentication. 

The user account has been activated/licensed.

The Plastic GUI functions fine to check out a project, but the explorer plug-in does not.

Win7 x64 - UAC enabled

Is there any logging we can enable in the plug-in?  (I'm not able to reproduce this problem on my machine, but my co-worker gets it consistently)

We were able to figure out how to get around the above error.

It was necessary to perform an update from the shell on the workspace, even though we could (and did) do an update/switch workspace to branch using the GUI.

It seems that operations are not synchronized between the two, and I'm guessing some configuration file was not updated by the GUI to make the shell plug-in work.  It had to be done separately from the GUI in order to "remember" the repository/repositories being worked on.

Yes, all it took was the initial update and the error stopped occurring.

The scenario was to install Plastic on a machine that had never had it on there.

Run the configuration tool to connect to a server (we are using SSL).

Attempt to use only the Explorer Plug-in to create a new workspace (we got some errors about authentication)

Open the GUI and Create workspace/check out the project - switched to an appropriate branch

Open a file and made some changes

In Explorer plug-in, right click and select check-in (we got some errors about authentication) (reverted changes so next step would function)

In Explorer plug-in, right click and select Update (this fixed the problem - no more authentication error)

Open a file and made some changes

In Explorer plug-in, right click and select check-in (this time it worked) - no problems with plug-in since.

FYI: More "sync issues" with the explorer integration.

Since there is no option to "Change revision type" in the plug-in, that function has to be completed from the command line, or the GUI.  Switching a file that is marked as binary to text using the GUI doesn't allow for a "Diff with previous" when using the plug-in.  Explorer.exe has to be killed and restarted after the switch before diff will correctly launch the TEXT diff program.

E.g.

1) select a TEXT file that had been marked as binary and attempt to perform a "Diff with previous" in Explorer - error received because it isn't a document or image that can be compared as binary

2) using the GUI, find the offending file and switch the type to TEXT

3) attempt to do "Diff with previous" in explorer - receive same error

4) Kill explorer.exe and re-start it

5) attempt to do "Diff with previous" - it now functions without error.

This may be due to the project being transferred from CVS through GIT - it was misidentified on convert/import/export/import and had not yet been corrected.

I have yet to see Plastic misidentify a file when adding it to the repository, so I expect we won't be seeing this too much.

Archived