Problems with TeamCity integration

PJR3456

Within the VCS root page of TeamCity I can successfully test the connection to Plastic SCM 4, but when I try to build my project I keep on getting the error shown below.

Checking for changes

[13:09:48]Publishing internal artifacts
[13:09:48][Publishing internal artifacts] Sending build.start.properties.gz file
[13:09:48]Clearing temporary directory: C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\temp\buildTmp
[13:09:48]Checkout directory: C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7eca2f3a253d1fa
[13:09:48]Updating sources: server side checkout (1s)
[13:09:48][updating sources] Will perform clean checkout. Reason: Agent doesn't have any version of the project sources
[13:09:48][updating sources] Building clean patch for VCS root: Plastic SCM
[13:09:49][updating sources] Failed to build patch for build #6 {build id=2600}, VCS root: repository "eRecruitment@10.10.20.176:8087" path "/" smartbranch "/main" {instance id=27, parent id=10}, due to error: Error updating vcs root Plastic SCM:
[13:09:49][updating sources] Repository sources transferred
[13:09:49]Will repeat attempt when server will be available, number of attempts left: 2
[13:09:59]Updating sources: server side checkout
[13:09:59][updating sources] Will perform clean checkout. Reason: Agent doesn't have any version of the project sources
[13:09:59][updating sources] Building clean patch for VCS root: Plastic SCM
[13:10:00][updating sources] Failed to build patch for build #6 {build id=2600}, VCS root: repository "eRecruitment@10.10.20.176:8087" path "/" smartbranch "/main" {instance id=27, parent id=10}, due to error: Error updating vcs root Plastic SCM:
[13:10:00][updating sources] Repository sources transferred
[13:10:00]Will repeat attempt when server will be available, number of attempts left: 1
[13:10:10]Updating sources: server side checkout
[13:10:10][updating sources] Will perform clean checkout. Reason: Agent doesn't have any version of the project sources
[13:10:10][updating sources] Building clean patch for VCS root: Plastic SCM
[13:10:11][updating sources] Failed to build patch for build #6 {build id=2600}, VCS root: repository "eRecruitment@10.10.20.176:8087" path "/" smartbranch "/main" {instance id=27, parent id=10}, due to error: Error updating vcs root Plastic SCM:
[13:10:11][updating sources] Repository sources transferred
[13:10:11]Patch is broken, can be found in file: C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\temp\globalTmp\temp4935659305517870871patch_2600
[13:10:11]Failed to build patch for build #6 {build id=2600}, VCS root: repository "eRecruitment@10.10.20.176:8087"
path "/"
smartbranch "/main" {instance id=27, parent id=10}, due to error: Error updating vcs root Plastic SCM:
jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl$1: Server was not able to build correct patch, most likely due to VCS errors
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl.throwError(PatchDownloaderImpl.java:114)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl.checkPatch(PatchDownloaderImpl.java:104)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl.copyPatchAndCheck(PatchDownloaderImpl.java:65)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.UpdateSourcesPatcherBase.copyPatchToTempFile(UpdateSourcesPatcherBase.java:70)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.UpdateSourcesFromServer.updateSources(UpdateSourcesFromServer.java:62)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.UpdateSourcesBuildStageBase.doSourceUpdate(UpdateSourcesBuildStageBase.java:91)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.UpdateSourcesBuildStageBase.doRecoverableStage(UpdateSourcesBuildStageBase.java:59)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.buildStages.startStages.RecoverableBuildStage.doLastAttempt(RecoverableBuildStage.java:112)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.buildStages.startStages.RecoverableBuildStage.doBuildStage(RecoverableBuildStage.java:70)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.buildStages.BuildStagesExecutor$1.callStage(BuildStagesExecutor.java:31)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.buildStages.BuildStagesExecutor$1.callStage(BuildStagesExecutor.java:24)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.buildStages.StagesExecutor.callRunStage(StagesExecutor.java:78)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.buildStages.StagesExecutor.doStages(StagesExecutor.java:37)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.buildStages.BuildStagesExecutor.doStages(BuildStagesExecutor.java:24)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.BuildRunAction.doStages(BuildRunAction.java:70)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.BuildRunAction.runBuild(BuildRunAction.java:50)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.BuildAgentImpl.doActualBuild(BuildAgentImpl.java:247)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.BuildAgentImpl.access$100(BuildAgentImpl.java:48)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.BuildAgentImpl$1.run(BuildAgentImpl.java:220)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.patches.UnsuccessfulPatchException: Failed to build patch for build #6 {build id=2600}, VCS root: repository "eRecruitment@10.10.20.176:8087"
path "/"
smartbranch "/main" {instance id=27, parent id=10}, due to error: Error updating vcs root Plastic SCM:
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.patches.AbstractPatcher$1.fail(AbstractPatcher.java:93)
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.patches.LowLevelPatcher.readPatchStream(LowLevelPatcher.java:156)
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.patches.LowLevelPatcher.applyPatch(LowLevelPatcher.java:79)
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.patches.AbstractPatcher.applyPatch(AbstractPatcher.java:42)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchApplierImpl.applyPatch(PatchApplierImpl.java:18)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl.checkPatchInFileIsCompleted(PatchDownloaderImpl.java:84)
at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl.checkPatch(PatchDownloaderImpl.java:94)
... 18 more
[13:10:11]Publishing internal artifacts
[13:10:11][Publishing internal artifacts] Sending build.finish.properties.gz file
[13:10:11]Build failed to start. Artifacts will not be published for this build
[13:10:11]Build finished

Can you please point us the TeamCity version you are using?

I can't see any Plastic SCM stacktrace, can you please follow the next steps and post us the log :

1) Enable the cm log -> http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-enabling-logging-for-plastic-scm-part-i.aspx

2) Stop TeamCity and kill the "cm.exe" process.

3) Try again the build.

Note: Make sure the user that is running the TeamCity service is able to write in the file that the "cm.exe" process is going to be writing the log, the result log file by default is "cm.log.txt" and the default dir is the client installation path.

The version of TeamCity I am running is 7.1.2 (Build 24170). 

I have tried again to build my project with the logging enable as requested.  The result of the build was the same error I have included in my previous post.  I have also included the Plastic log file generated by the cm component when I tried to build my project.

cm.log.txt

• 2 months later...

Archived