How to check where a repo is xlinked?

marioo

As an example, let's suppose there is a repo named SharedLib and several other projects that xlink that repo: ProjectA, ProjectD and ProjectF.

A programmer downloads the content of the ProjectD repo to a workspace and the SharedLib is downloaded as a part of it. Then some files of the SharedLib are modified and checked in together with ProjectD's files. At that point the ProjectD repo's xlink is automatically updated to point to the just-checked-in revision of the SharedLib.

However, the programmer wants to keep all other projects that use the SharedLib compilable and up to date. So how does s/he list the repos that point to the SharedLib with xlinks? It's needed to update the SharedLib xlinks of those projects and recompile them.

Hi Marioo,

well, you need to manually update the rest of repositories. One by one you need to edit the xlink and select the latest changeset on the xlinked repository.

Some of our customers have a small tool that searches for newer changesets in the branch xlinked and if it finds any the xlink is updated and committed.

Hello manu,

that must be a useful tool. I think it would be great if you released one as well or included it as a feature of PSCM :-).

But I'm not sure if you understood me properly. It is OK that we have to edit each xlink so it points to the latest changeset. The problem is that we need to know which projects have to be updated (because a programmer may have no idea which ones have xlinks to the modified repo).

Lets imagine a repo named SharedCode xlinked by several other projects. I modify some files directly inside the SharedRepo and then want to update the xlinks of all other projects that link the repo. But how do I get the list of those projects? Is it possible to do by command line for instance?

Thanks!

Archived