Upgrading from v4.1 to v4.2

FredM

Hi,

Are there some advised steps to follow to upgrade from v4.1 to v4.2. Related to an issue I had on v4.1 I was invited to upgrade to v4.2.

However when I do that I have a few repos on which I can't edit permissions anymore and get an error message.

Error:

There has been an unexpected error "Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types." For more information check the server log.

So is there some sort of command line tools that could verify/patch a v4.1 repository to be compliant with v4.2 ?

Thanks

Fred

Hi,

To upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2, laucnhing the installer should be enough. What issue did you have in Plastic 4.1? Is the happening only in a few repositories?

Can you send me the server log file? And also I would need the operating system and 4.1/4.2 version you were using. 

Do you have a database backup? In case you don´t have backup, please do it now to avoid losing information. (you can find the database files in the server folder).After making  a backup, can you try to perform downgrade to the 4.1 version and check if it´s working fine?

Regards,

Carlos

Archived