Hidden Changed seen as Pending Changes?

Xorcist

I was under the impression that if I chose to set certain files to hidden, that they would no longer be part of the pending changes list (and as such would just never be updated in my repository). These are not files I want to ignore, these are files I want to be pulled down when my repository is cloned, but never re-updated. These include *.csproj, *.user, *.suo, etc.

However for some reason they seems to be getting checked out and added to the pending changes list. Why? Is my understanding of the hidden option wrong? Do I need to add the files to the cloaked list as well?

Hi,

Hidden Items are controlled items that can be changed but the user doesn't want them to appear by default on the Pending Changes view (this is customized in a setting). It can be the case for libraries that are under source control, but overwritten every time they are compiled and the user doesn't usually want to the check them in. If you have hidden items, and they are being shown in "Pendiend changes" view, you will need to uncheck the option: "Show hidden changes items" in "Pending changes options".

Cloaked items are items that the update operation won't download by default from the repository to the workspace. Download can be forced using the update forced operation instead. This is convenient in some scenarios, for instance when there are big files in the repository that are updated often, but you don't really work with them, so you prefer to skip downloading those cloaked files every time you switch the workspace to a different branch or do an update of the workspace.

Best regards,

Carlos

Currently my "Show Hidden Changed Items" is unchecked. And I definitely have a *.csproj in my hidden_changes.conf file (so that all of those files should not register).

When I have the option checked I see a ton of *.csproj files in the Pending Changes list. All but one are listed as "Changes / Hidden". The odd ball one is listed as "Controlled". Now if I uncheck the option I get one *.csproj file in the list (The one listed as "Controlled"). Any ideas on how this might happen? I mean my Visual Studio 2010 is setup to use Plastic as it's Source Control system. And it shows up this way both in VS and in the Plastic standalone client...

Edit: I undid the changes to that one file (which surprisingly were a few lines related to the binding of Plastic to the project as it's source control), then rebound and saved. And now it's not showing in the list anymore... very weird... a colleague of mine had the same exact issue, but with multiple files. All *.csproj files as well...

Hi,

It´s a bit strange. Are items being shown properly now? Can you check if you have another hiddennchanges config file at: ( C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4 ) overiding the rules?

If the issue happens again, let us know and  we can continue reviewing it.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived