SQL Server 2012 Integrated Security db.conf

using PlasticSCM 5.0 I can get SQL Server express or SQL Server 2012 to work using SQL authentication.  But how do I get it to use integrated security?  I do not think this can be done via any gui tools.  So I assume I have to directly edit db.conf.

SQLCE default install looks like this:

<DbConfig>
  <ProviderName>sqlserverce</ProviderName>
  <ConnectionString>DataSource={0};Persist Security Info=False;Max Database Size=4090;Max Buffer Size = 4096;Password=;</ConnectionString>
</DbConfig> 

What would the new one look like?  Thanks :)

http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/1190-migrate-back-end-to-sql-server-2012/?hl=connectionstring#entry7681

Had I read a thread that Ironically I started some time ago I would have found the answer and the error I was making.  Although I still do not know how to do this without editing the db.conf file.

<DbConfig>
<ProviderName>sqlserver</ProviderName>
<ConnectionString>SERVER=localhost\SQLEXPRESS;trusted_connection=yes;DATABASE={0};</ConnectionString>
<DatabasePath>d:\repositories</DatabasePath>
</DbConfig>

Hi,

In this article, we explain how to configure SQL Server using Windows authentication:  http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-how-to-configure-plastic-scm-with-sql-server.aspx

<DbConfig>
<ProviderName>sqlserver</ProviderName>
<ConnectionString>SERVER=beardtongue\SQLEXPRESS;trusted_connection=yes;DATABASE={0};</ConnectionString>
</DbConfig>

After modifying "db.conf", restart Plastic SCM service. The key is replacing the user and password data by trusted_connection. There's an important tip to remember here -- since you'll normally be running the Plastic SCM server under the system account on Windows, you'll have to make sure that account has rights to access your SQL Server database under trusted connection. You can always change Plastic SCM's service configuration (using the services applet in your Administrative Tools on the Control Panel) to make it run under different credentials.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived