Installation didn't go smoothly

neilx

Just installed the PlasticSCM for the first time on Win 7 and had a few problems:
  1. I tried to change the database immediately to use SQL Server on (local)
  2. Once installed, I received an error message when trying to add a solution in VS to the default repository (which didn't actually exist as it was suposed to from the install instructions)
  3. I checked the sql server instance but not database had been created
  4. Full unininstall and reinstall using the CE database (once bitten twice shy)
  5. The uninstall had left a registry entry that kept harmful settings for the new install so the same errors occurred
  6. Another full uninstall and manual delete of the orphaned registry. (CCleaner left it alone for some reason)
  7. New install, adding a user/password instead of using local users. Maybe it was a user permissions problem?
  8. Before opening VS2010 I opened PlasticSCM from the start menu and saw the default workspace hadn't been created as the instruction indicated. I created it.
  9. All seems well now!
Onwards to do some testing!

Neil

Hi,

- In the first steps, it seems that the SQL Server configuration didn´t succeed and the default database wasn´t created.

- When you uninstall Plastic, database files and configuration files are not deleted. If you manually edited database configuration "DB. conf", after reinstalling Plastic, this file is not overwritten. Only after you manually deleted it, it was restored with the default CE settings.

- Default repository should be created after the first time Plastic service runs. If it´s not created, it´s because of some configuration or permission issues.

Let me know if you have more issues.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived