Options in Branch Explorer are not restored after restart

marioo

Hello!

I have noticed recently that Plastic does not remember options in branch explorer. I make changes to display options, or tick the 'color by user' option, but after restart they are restored to defaults. Another thing is that the options secion visibility is not remembered too. I want to have this section visible in branch explorer, but I always have to show it after starting Plastic. Same case with other buttons in Branch Explorer: Navigator, Statistics, Legend.

The version I'm currently running is 5.4.16.771.

Hi!

mmmm we do preserve those preferences.

Can you please check if you have any of the following files:

This will save the "color by user" preferences:

"C:\Users\manu\AppData\Local\plastic4\branchexplorerusercolors.conf"

This is for the "Display options" preferences:

branchexplorer.cfg

Best,

Manu.

Hi Manu,

I've checked those files and both of them exist in that location. However, branchexplorer.cfg was last modified on 2015.12.08, and it is not read only. When I change any branch explorer options, nothing changes in the file.

If it comes to color settings, they are not related, because the branchexplorerusercolors.conf file is updated properly when I modify changeset colors. So I think we can concentrate on the other settings, namely those that sit in the branchexplorer.cfg file.

Do you suspect anything?

Greetings,

Mariusz

Hi Marius,

Ok, so we know the "plastic.exe" process needs to write into those files in order to store the preferences.

Make sure the user you are using to start the "plastic.exe" process is able to write/read those files.

You can also close plastic, remove the files and check if after opening and closing the plastic.exe process again the file are recreated (or not!)

You can enable the plastic.exe log (https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/technical-articles/kb-enabling-logging-for-plastic-scm-part-i.html) so we can check if we hace errors trying to store them.

Hi Manu,

I checked access rights, and the user running Plastic has read/write access to that folder. This can even be confirmed by the fact that other files in the same folder have current modification time stamps. What's more, I deleted the branchexplorer.cfg file and it wasn't recreated on startup, shutdown and on options change.

If it comes to logs, no errors are generated when I change options on the GUI.

Archived