Git sync refuses to run because the settings dont match

MartinGreen

Im trying to use git sync to push our repositories into TFS but it fails with the error 'The settings you've introduced don't match with the stored ones for branch/repo XXXX. Stored are: XXXX'

I created most of these repositories by importing our old ones from svn (via git) so these old settings are for the temporary stuff i had during the import. How do i override these stored settings and get it to sync with another server?

Hello Martin,

The old sync configuration is stored at: C:\Users\<Your_user>\AppData\Local\plastic4\sync\git\<A-GUID-FOR-YOUR-REPO>.

if you are not going to re-import from git you can safely remove the directory, that will allows you to push to TFS without a problem.

If you plan to re-import from git then just backup a copy of the directory and delete the original, copy the original back to keep the Git sync.

Hi Manu,

Thanks, that fixed that problem and got me a bit further. Now its saying the credentials for the repository are not valid, but thats probably a TFS issue I need to look into further.

Is this the best way to use TFS with plastic or is there another way? I just want to try out the build server part for now, so i can see if its better than our current setup.

We currently use CruiseControl.Net for automatically building and deploying various projects, but its a bit clunky and involves a lot of powershell scripts just to do fairly basic stuff. I thought it would be easy to setup TFS to see how it would cope with the same tasks. Not sure why I thought that :D

Anyway, ill be playing with this again tomorrow afternoon so ill let you know if i have any problems. TeamCity is next on my list to test out if i cant get anywhere with TFS.

Thanks again.

Archived