Code reviews and sync views

david-fgs

Hi,

I have a distributed setup with Cloud Edition where I use a sync view to update my local repo to and from the cloud. I'm looking into using the code review feature as part of our development process. With a code review associated to a branch, if there are no new changes for the branch, the sync view won't show any pending changes when comments have been added by a developer and pushed to the cloud server. 

I know that I can manually push and pull the branch to replicate the code review changes but, shouldn't sync views show that there are pending changes in a code review associated with a branch and push/pull them appropriately? My only alternative at the moment, since I don't know which of the code reviews have new comments, is to manually pull all of the associated branches, open the reviews, and see if there are any new comments which is making reviews very impractical.

Thanks!

As I continued evaluating plastic I realized that it is not just code reviews but any meta data (like branch attributes) that require manually pushing and pulling branches. I feel like that would be super useful to see in the sync views.

Thanks for the response, I'll add something in the user voice page.

Archived