Distinguishing between unchecked-in added and other private files in pending changes

themarsvoltaire

Recently I've been trying to use the Plastic SCM 5 plugin with Visual Studio 2012. Coming from a TFS background, I am used to seeing added files in my pending changes that will be in the next checkin.

Instead of using an ignore file I am letting Visual Studio determine what is and isn't private via the project files because that seemed more consistent with how Visual Studio likes to do source control. I enable "Show private items" in order to see my newly created but still private files in the pending changes window, but that also shows all the ReSharper and built binary files under the "Added and private" node. Is there any way to have it distinguish between added files (private but referenced in the project file) and all other private files?

Hello!

I'm afraid that the ones that are shown as private after enabling the option at the pending changes view are not sent to us by visual studio... that's why they remain private using the plugin.

All the files that are under the domain of VS and are sent to the SCM provider are added automatically but not the rest :(

That why you still have the opportunity to enable the "Show private" items option and review them...

I am not sure if I understand. I don't want the private files that are not a part of the project to show up under "Added and private". The only files I want to see under "Added and private" in Visual Studio are the files I have created in Visual Studio that are now in the project file. That way I can review them and not any other private files I don't care about as a part of the changeset when i check in.

Archived