How do I clean up local repos?

Zenity

So I've been trying 6.0 with the Jet engine, and it nicely converted all of my repos. Some of them I forgot even existed, and they were pretty large so I deleted the repo objects from the GUI. The Jet storage folder didn't become any smaller though, so I am wondering how I actually free up the space?

Also, since the repos were converted, I would like to free up the space from the old sqlite repositories. What would be the cleanest way of doing this? I see a bunch of large .sqlite files in the server folder, so do I just delete them or is there a more elegant way?

Zenity,

it's as easy as deleting them from the filesystem :)

This applies for both sqlite and Jet databases. Just make sure you have the right repository ID and then delete it's directory (jet) or it's sqlite db file.

On the other hand, backing up sqlite or Jet databases is also as easy as making a backup for all the database files (with the Plastic SCM server stopped).

Note for new readers: Prior to delete the databases from the filesystem make sure you user the "Delete repository" GUI action or the "cm rmrep" CLI command, this will unlink the database from the Plastic SCM server, then you are free to delete the db files.

Archived