Help! Plastic adding deletions to changesets.

Murcho

Having a bizarre issue, where a change set is different on 3 machines, and the difference is that it's deleting half of our project.

Our artist made some changes on a branch, Checked them in, then pushed to our cloud server.  I then synced with the cloud server, and some of these change sets now have deletions in them, which are trying to delete the majority of folders in the project.

This happens on a couple of commits too.

I have tried to perform a fresh sync with a fresh repository and the same thing happened on the same machine.

This first happened on 5.4.16.918, and then I upgraded to 6.0.16.1271 before performing the fresh sync, in order to see if it was a bug in the older version.

We then tried to sync on my colleague's machine, and he received a similar result, although less deletions.

Really need a hand on this one as it's shut down work and we aren't sure how to fix it from here.

Thanks

Hello Murcho,

if you are a Plastic Cloud user you can directly contact us through the support email -> support at codicesoftware dot com.

I would like to schedule an online meeting with you asap, when are you available? Out time zone is CET.

Best,

manu.

Hello Murcho,

We found what's wrong and we now understand what's going on.

Yesterday we added a new feature to the Cloud Server, a performance improvement to prune some types of trees (changesets), the problem is we are pruning too much, the good thing is the data is not removed, your files are safely stored as the rest of your changesets. The prune operation was done on the fly by a client request but the pruned tree was not stored.

You can continue working, we have fixed the issue and you shouldn't see now more "deleted" items.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Sorry for the inconveniences, Manu.

Sorry I didn't get back to you guys, I was off work sick yesterday.

Thanks for the fast turn around, I've gone through and deleted the offending changesets from my local machine and re pulled from cloud and they all seem to be fixed up.

Archived