Change revision type on cloud server

Dovla

We have a plastic cloud repo for our unity game project. We successfully imported it from git and everything is working great. However certain file types such as prefabs and scenes were incorrectly set as binary. We wanted to change the revision type but noticed that it's not possible on the cloud server. However we also noticed that after setting these extensions to the plastic filetypes.conf file any new files would correctly be shown as text. However all the files that are already in the repo stay as binary and it's not possible to change them.

Is there any way to change the revision for files already added? I am guessing this is something that has to be set at the very first check in? What if we just backed up all the files, deleted them from the repo and checked that in, and then add them again? It seems silly but I can't see any other way to do this and it's quite crucial for us to be able to see what the changes in these files are.

Hi Dovla!

unfortunately, as you found, it's not possible to change the revision type using a Cloud repository. I can propose you a workaround.

1) Replicate the cloud repository to a local one (you'll need a local plastic scm server).

2) Change the revision types for the files you want to set as txt. You'll need to somehow change the content of the files as well... A dummy space or a comment will do it.

3) Checkin and push to the cloud.

Now the cloud will have the new type.

Archived