PlasticSCM can't start / Unity Cloud Build SSH setup

Two issues:

I've been running PlasticSCM  on a freshly in Ubuntu 16.04 image and using it with Unity 1.5.6 and Unity Cloud Build to my own MySQL database on Dreamhost.  I followed the installation instructions for Ubuntu to a 'T'

Connecting and committing with Unity (not Cloud Build) works for a a few commits.. then suddenly it stops working and when I try to run plasticd start/stop/status it says "Use mono-service to start service processes". I've had this happen three times in a row with three fresh Ubuntu image installs. Any ideas?  The log.txt files are empty after it breaks and shows the message.

The other issue is with Unity Cloud Build.  When I enter the gitserver ip/repo  it gives me a SSH key for Cloud Build to connect to gitserver.   Where do I paste this key?

Thanks.

Hello,

can you double check the server process is not running?

Can you start the server like this: plasticd --daemon < /dev/null >> /opt/plasticscm5/server/out.log 2>> /opt/plasticscm5/server/errout.log &

and check if the output files are having more info after the issue happens?

plasticd start/stop/status

You should be using "plasticsd" instead. We can follow-up this issue in the support system, support at codicesoftware dot com, can you please open a ticket there?

Apparently I've been typing plasticd & not plasticsd  - derp.

It runs fine now.  What about the Unity Cloud Build SSH key issue?  When I enter the repo url i get a page that looks like this, cant get past it.

Where do I put the SSH key?

Grant us access to your source control

SCM Type: GIT

Repo Url: git://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/repo edit

Repo Host: Other

If this looks correct, please follow the instructions below. Wrong host? Try editing your URL.

GIT + Other Access Instructions:

Important notice: If this is a private repo, you must add this unique SSH key that we have generated to your GIT repo. This key is unique to your team.

• manu changed the title to PlasticSCM can't start / Unity Cloud Build SSH setup

Archived