checkout: Unexpected option --exclusive

FuzzkingCool

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

This brings me to some followup questions about "lock.conf" and lockserver configs.

As I understand from reading docs,  you choose an existing server, and add a "lock.conf" to it's installation folder with something like this as the first line:

rep:studio_test lockserver:localhost:8087

Some questions:

1. Should the lockserver should be the same port as the server, or should it be a seperate port specifically for lock queries?

2. I have added some test file extension wildcards such as *.unity, *.ma, and have restarted the server, but these files do not get exclusively checked out in any paradigm so far... ( gluon, plasticscm gui, cm ). Are there any other steps I need to perform to get this working? What are the limitations?

3. Are there any commands that can be run to change the lock filters or do they always have to be entered in manually into the "lock.conf" ?

Thanks!

- Aleks

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/10/2017 at 7:06 PM, karmakat said:

Should the lockserver should be the same port as the server, or should it be a seperate port specifically for lock queries?

It should be the same port used for the client connections.

I have added some test file extension wildcards such as *.unity, *.ma, and have restarted the server, but these files do not get exclusively checked out in any paradigm so far... ( gluon, plasticscm gui, cm ). Are there any other steps I need to perform to get this working? What are the limitations?

Can you share your lock.conf? That's all you need.. configure the file and restart the server.

You can use the "cm listlocks" command in order to check if the checkout has been made in an exclusive way.

Are there any commands that can be run to change the lock filters or do they always have to be entered in manually into the "lock.conf" ?

Yes! you can use the brand new WebAdmin tool, no restart needed :)

lock.PNG

Archived