Code Review Confusion

Xorcist

We currently use plastic in a distributed setup with local servers (pulling/pushing from each other), with a master server to manage continuous integration.

We wanted to try and use the code review feature of plastic, thinking it worked similar to a pull request in git, but this does not seem to be the case.

If a developer has completed his work, and creates a code review for it. I have no idea the work is done because that review does not show up in my plastic client.

Can someone explain how code reviews can or should be used in a distributed environment.

Right now, when a dev is done, he/she just contacts me and says can you go pull branch whatever, and review it for me. Which is not optimal for  management or tracking.

Code reviews in Plastic are not centralized unless you create them in the central server, but they reach the central server when you push.

I mean: I create a code review from my task on my server and I push to central => code review goes to central.

But, no, they do not work as a GitHub pull request, I'm afraid. We have to implement a bunch of improvements in Code Reviews to make them better.

You can always use the central server as the rendezvous point for reviews, that's true, and we even have a web interface for them if you install the webui (check with support).

Archived