0 byte file

ddenuyl

We recently updated to PlasticSCM 5 and are having problems with .licx files that are 0 bytes long (these are text files that contain the version of controls in our project.). When the jenkins build server grabs the current version, it always goes back to a previous version of the file that contains some text.

We didn't have any problem with Plastic4. Any ideas?

Hi!

we are trying to reproduce this issue. Can you please answer the following questions:

1) Which backend do you use?

2) The history of the file.

3) Did you run the buildmergeiteminfo tool?

4) Any tips regarding "weird" thing you can see?

Will you be able to schedule a fast gotomeeting to fetch info?

Manu,

1) SQL server is the backend. I believe it is a 2008. If you need, I can get the specific version.

2) Under Plastic 4, File was checked in several months ago with data in it and then checked in as a 0 byte file. Then we upgraded a few weeks ago to plastic 5 and yesterday was the first time we tried a jenkins build with plastic 5. it always it pulling back the previous version that has data.

3) don't know what the buildmergeiteminfo  is. So, don't think it was run.

4) If i create a new workspace, the file comes down with data. If I'm using a warkspace that was created under plastic 4, the file does not get replaced with data.

We can do a gotomeeting or soemthing if that would help.

Thanks,

Don

Thanks for the info!

Please try the following inside the workspace where the file is wrongly downloaded loading the previous revision data.

1) Delete the file from disk using the windows explorer.

2) Update the workspace to bring the file back.

Tell me if it's wrongly downloaded (with data) or right (without data).

Thanks!

Manu,

I tried the delete and update. The file comes back wrong (with data).

We found a work around. In visual studio for the properties of the .licx, change the build action to none. The build succeeds, but the actual written to the workspace is wrong.

Our repo has ~ 12000 change sets.

Thanks,

Don

Archived