Web UI and Firefox Quantum - Login Problem

SilverKnight

It appears that when using Firefox Quantum, that the login page will not successfully allow a login to the Web UI application - while Chrome, IE 11.x and Edge work fine - any thoughts on what might be blocking Quantum from allowing a login?

Is there a particular plug-in or feature (ala Flash?) that needs to be enabled to function?

Browsers.PNG

I'm not sure what might be happening... :wacko:

I have the WebUI installed on:

* Windows 10 // IIS 10

* Ubuntu 14.04 // XSP

And I can login using Firefox Quantum 57.0.4 (64-bit) without problems. Can you check if you can get more details from the firefox log or the webui log?

Solved the problem.

Went into "Options" - Scrolled to Site Data... clicked "Settings..."

Searched for our internal web site name for the server and deleted the site data that had been stored.

No idea what was previously in there, as I tend to disable saving passwords and such, but deleting that data allowed Quantum to finally log in and show the change set I was looking for.

Prior to this, I did also allow loading "Mixed Content"

The browser console shows a lot of stuff like this - which are normally blocked as we are using HTTPS to access the plastic web-ui:

Loading mixed (insecure) active content “http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,600,700” on a secure page

The following scripts (even in mixed content) are failing to load, or get blocked:

MicrosoftAjax.js
MicrosoftMvcAjax.js
jquery-1.4.4.min.js
jquery.anchor.js
jquery.ba-bbq.min.js
highslide/highslide-full.packed.js
wmd/wmd.js
wmd/showdown.js
jquery.markdown.js

So the comparisons and expanding the source for the change-set also fails.

So, while I got logged in, the page presented isn't usable

Ok, solved the latest problem by using a JavaScript enable/disable plug-in.

Looks like Quantum is now functional with Web UI and the features provided by it.

Sorry for the run-around B)

I guess to answer the question fully:

Yes there are minimum requirements for Quantum (or maybe for any browser):

• you must have Java Script enabled  (Since Jira was working, this should have been already enabled, so installing the plug-in before solving the login problem probably caused the second issue)
  • If you have previously saved creds - and maybe changed your password, it might be submitting the saved ones, rather than what is being typed - delete the cached settings and try again.

Archived