0 Byte files causing problems

benthroop

We have encountered a problem where a few files got committed to the repository that are 0 bytes. Now whenever they are attempted to be accessed from Plastic, it throws an error that says 

image.png.22be375d272533e5736ded1f5ca34397.png

We noticed this when pulling down the repo, because the user ended up with these files in their pending changes as "changed" (even though the versions they are at in the branch they switched to shoudl be >0 bytes!) When attempting to undo the changes, the above error appears.

Because I had no further ideas, I deleted the .plastic folder in the workspace and am switched to the corresponding changeset to rebuild the .plastic folder, but this error pops up even when browsing the changeset where these 0 byte files were committed.

I cannot think of how to resolve this. We did try to delete the files locally and then check them in, which worked going forward. But if you go back to this changeset, they get repopulated into pending changes and cannot be removed. That will also mean that no new user can pull down the repo at any changeset prior to the "deletion fix' changeset.

So.. any ideas?

Hi,

If the files are committed with (0 bytes) and they should have content, I guess something wrong happened during the checkin operation. What is your Plastic version and database backend?

Do you have the server logs the time this checkin was performed?

Deleting and re-adding the files should allow you to continue working in this branch (even if the file revisions are still wrong in the previous changeset).  If you send us an email to support@codicesfotware.com, we can analyze the scenario in detail, review the logs and check if we can purge the wrong revisions from the database.

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived