The migration progress has failed - From MySQL to Jet

trx

Hi!

I'm currently looking into migrating our self hosted Plastic Server from MySQL to a Jet database.

Of course I currently test the migration on a testing machine (which has some replicated repos on it). I'm using the web-gui interface.

Now it gets stuck on this error:

The migration progress has failed: Unable to copy the repository database rep_34: Table 'rep_34.reviewcomment' doesn't exist

when I try to restart the migration process this message pops up:

The migration progress has failed: Unable to copy the repositories database: Could not map file

And I have to delete all the migrated repo folders first before i can try it again (don't know if this is on purpose)

Additionally I have some questions regarding the migration:

1. We have some big Repos (100GB+) I've read on http://blog.plasticscm.com/2018/06/story-of-jet-fast-repo-storage.html that they may cause problems? I've not had the possibility to test it yet on the testing machine because of the above mentioned error.

2. Is there any hardware specification changes regarding mysql/jet (More RAM etc.)?

Thanks!

Best

Fabian

Hi,

- The second reported error should be already fixed. Regarding the initial error, let's try to identify the "rep_34" repo for further details running "cm lrep --format=TABLE". We can debug if there is some problem with this repo.

[Bug] 7.0.16.2924
WebAdmin: The migration to Jet failed with the error 'Could not map file' when there was an existing Jet database in the destination database path. Now, we report correctly to the user that the database path must be empty instead of showing a weird error like 'Could not map file'.

1. We have migrated very big repos to Jet with no problems so far. The performance should be the best in Jet.

2. I would use fast disks (SSD if possible) so the access is as fast as possible. You shouldn't need to change the machine specs (RAM, CPU...).

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived